Spring is when many allergies start to act up and leave allergy sufferers miserable, inside and outside of the home. Limiting pollen from coming inside the house can help those with allergies survive the pollen season at least while they are inside. Follow these tips to reduce the amount of pollen in the home and avoid being miserable:
- Buy air filters for window screens. They are designed to keep out 90 percent of pollen.
- Install a HEPA filter in the HVAC unit. These are designed to trap more than 99 percent of pollen, dust and tobacco smoke.
- Wipe down surfaces often and vacuum with a HEPA filter.
- Make sure to shower after spending time outside to get rid of pollen that has attached itself. Also wash clothes often that have been worn outside.
- Don’t line dry clothes during pollen season.
- Brush pets often so they don’t track pollen into the house.
Spring time and pollen season can bring out the worst for allergy sufferers. Take precautions to prevent pollen from getting inside the home and causing allergies to flare up.