Thinking about spicing up the kitchen in 2015? Refinish those kitchen surfaces and try incorporating some of these trending kitchen looks.
- For those tired of white kitchens or using primary colors on walls, tribal inspired tones are making a splash this year. Taken from Moroccan and Native American palettes, these warm colors make the kitchen vibrant. Use mustard yellows, scarlet, royal blue or dusty pinks when decorating or painting the kitchen to incorporate the tribal design aspect.
- Less is more in 2015. People are now moving toward minimal wall cabinets to make the room feel more spacious. However, this comes with the price of possibly less storage in the kitchen. It would work great for a house with minimal tendencies.
- Stainless steel, silver and chrome have made their mark in the kitchen over the years. Bringing with them a new age, sleek feeling, that’s managed to stay around for quite a few years. Warmer metals will begin to take their place this year. Copper, gold and bronze bring a warmer, more luxurious and decadent feeling to the room. These could be incorporated with faucets, trims, or decorations.
- Instead of amazing islands or unique backsplashes, make the ceiling the statement piece. This can be achieved through lighting, the shape of the ceiling, embellishments and other features.
- Wallpaper comes and goes in phases when it comes to home decorating. In 2015 it will be used to create an added visual impact on the room. Choosing a wallpaper with a unique pattern to put in the kitchen could dress it up in a different way.
Get creative in the kitchen in 2015. If those counters are needing some work, give Refinish First a call.