The term reglazing and refinishing a bathtub refer to a similar process (when people reference reglazing, they are generally talking about refinishing). Bathtubs are commonly made of porcelain. In order to literally reglaze your bathtub, would require a kiln to heat to exceedingly high temperatures. Given this is not practical for most residential applications, the process of refinishing is the best way to provide your bathroom with a new look at a fraction of the price of replacing your tub.
Frequently when people want a fresh look for the bathroom, they debate between refinishing an old tub and replacing the tub. What is often overlooked, however, is the cost of demolition and removal of the old tub when considering replacement. This process is definitely messy and can be quite expensive. What you end up with is a process that can total $3000 or more. This means that replacing your tub may involve a lot more than you think. Refinishing your tub can save you up to 75% over the cost of replacement. It takes about 3-5 hours to complete and will be ready to use in about 24 hours. During the process, we fill in any nicks or holes in your tub surface, then prime, seal and gloss-coat to give it the look of a brand new tub with a surface that will last for 15+ years.
Some of the other benefits of refinishing include:
- We can match almost any color you choose.
- You have the ability to save an antique or sentimental bathtub.
- Replacing a bathtub is messy. Refinishing is not.
- Resurfacing reduces your carbon footprint by reducing your input to the local landfill, making it an excellent green alternative.
- It eliminates mold and mildew that may already be in your tub.
- It creates an easy to clean surface.
- Refinished tubs are very low maintenance.
Our bonding works on all types of bathtub materials, so we can refinish porcelain, acrylic, fiberglass, cultured marble, and even clawfoot tubs. In short, our bathtub refinishing services can work for nearly every bathtub resurfacing project you have. If you are looking to find a new shine in your old bathtub contact Refinish First today!