If you’re like most people, your busy schedule doesn’t allow for much free time. And the little time you do have, you probably don’t want to spend it cleaning your bathroom. However, given the nature of bathroom activities, it’s important to keep your bathroom clean and sanitary. The good news is that you can keep your bathroom clean with just 5 minutes a day. You can get a surprising amount of work done in 60 seconds, so even if you don’t have 5 consecutive minutes available, chances are you have 60 seconds available throughout the day.
- For the first minute, start by clearing off surfaces. Remove magazines from the vanity, put your makeup back in the drawer, and hang your towel up. Remove any clothes from the floor and find a home for stray bobby pins.
- Dedicate the second minute to cleaning up surfaces. Drop in some toilet bowl cleaner and let it sit while you wipe down the vanity, sink, and toilet tank. Next, spray down your shower or tub with a liquid cleaner. During the last few seconds, run your toilet brush around your toilet and the second minute is up.
- The third minute is for straightening up around the bathroom. Straighten your hanging towel and pull the shower curtain open to let it dry, which helps prevent the spread of mildew and mold. Straighten up the bottles on your vanity and in the shower. Make sure you have plenty of toilet paper.
- Take a look in the mirror—toothpaste spittle and water drops can quickly build up, so spray them with a cleaner and wipe them down. While you’re at it, wipe down the sink fixtures, which also receive plenty of water and toothpaste buildup.
- Perhaps you need the final minute to give surfaces some extra attention. If not, skip the mirror cleaning once a week and take a moment to sweep or mop your floor. Or, you can give your tub or shower a full scrub down. You’d be surprised at how little time this takes if you regularly keep up on bathroom maintenance. If you skip a few days every once in a while, dust and grime can build up that require more than five minutes of cleaning.